32nd International Franz-Schubert Choir Competition & Festival, Vienna
Date: 16 March - 20 March 2023
Join Choirs from all over the world at the
International Franz-Schubert Choir Competition & Festival
About the Event
In March 2023, Viennawill play host to 32nd Fran-Schubert Choir Festival & Competition. The festival takes place in Berlin which attracts choirs from all corners of the globe who come to take part in the festivities. The festival begins on the Thursday afternoon as choirs begin to arrive and then continues throughout the week with a variety of choral activities. The festival is organised by Meeting Music and is one of a range of Meeting Music festivals offered throughout Europe.
- Perform before an international panel of qualified international jurors
- Option to compete or simply sing for pleasure in the non-competitivefestival category
- Receive individual choral coaching before your competitive performance with valuable feedback
- Sing in a Friendship Concert with a local choirs
- Compete in the Grand Priz Competition
- Meet choirs from around the world
This 4-day festival begins with a reception for conductors and jury members on day one and the opening concert in th evening. Activities continue throughout the weekend and each itinerary is tailored to the individual choirs’ requirements. Choirs have the option of participating in the non-competitive festival category and singling purely for pleasure or participating in one of the Competitive categories. In addition to the competing and singing in the festival, choirs also have the opportunity for individual coaching, friendship concerts with local host choirs, and accompanied stage rehearsal for competing choirs.
Each day of this choral event is filled with music opportunities and sightseeing.
Choirs that choose to participate to the event without competing may take part to the following activities:
• EP – Evaluation Performance
• IC – Individual Coaching
• FC – meeting in music Friendship Concerts
The participation at these activities is open to choirs
who are taking part at the competition, also.
Participate in one of the Competitive Categories
Choirs may compete in the following categories:
A – with requirements
B – without requirements
G – Children and Youth Choirs
S – Musica Sacra
GS – Gospel & Spirtual
Arrival at airport
Reception for conductors & Jury
Stage rehearsals and competition performances
- Stage rehearsals and competition performances
Conductors and Jury meeting
- Stage rehearsal, Grand-Prix Competition, Festival Choir Concert and Awards Ceremony
- Choirs depart
This sample itinerary is for information purposes only.
All final itineraries are tailored to individual choirs’ requirements.
Your festival ground arrangements include the following:
- 4 nights in choice of hotel with breakfast included
- Return airport transfer with pick-up at airport meeting point with sign
- Participation in your chosen competition categories and activities
- Scheduled stage rehearsal(s) for your choir
- Complimentary copy of juror’s evaluation documents, 1 per choir
- Complimentary copies of the official programme book
- Preparation of your choir’s specific itinerary
- Participation in one meeting in music concert with other choirs (Friendship concert)
- Participation in the Opening, Award and Closing Ceremonies
- Competent assistance and support on-site from our international & local team
- Conductors & Jury Meeting:
- Reception for two choir representatives with a small buffet
- One to one discussion with the jury members - this is a valuable opportunity to have your programme reviewed and discussed!
- Free place on the ground for choir director
Transportation while in Vienna
Choirs usually make their way around the region with the local guide via public transport. However, we can arrange coach transportation for your group as required.
Once you enquire with CCI you will be given your own dedicated festival planner, and this planner will also assist you with the booking of flights for your group. Choir Contact experienced travel consultants are able to advise you on the most appropriate flight options and will advise best fares at time of booking. We use the most up-to-date modern technology for searching best fares including low cost carriers, allowing us to book you the best flights at the best fares for a fully co-ordinated service. We use both low-cost internet fares and our long-standing relationships with other carries to ensure that we can secure the best travel option for your choir. We will advise you on luggage allowance and all details relating to your flight booking. Travel Insurance CCI recommend that all travellers take out travel insurance at the time of booking.