18th Concorso Corale Riva del Garda Festival & Competition
Date: March 2024 (exact date tbc)
Join Choirs from all over the world at the 16th Concorso Corale International Choir Festival & Competition
About the Event
In April 2022, Riva del Garda and Arco will play host to the 17th International Choir Festival and Competition. This event in Italy attracts choirs from all corners of the globe. The festival is set in the picturesque Riva Del Garda area. The festivities begin on the Friday as choirs begin to arrive and continue throughout the weekend. During your stay, choirs have the option of visiting two very different but very classic cities - Verona and Venice.
For centuries, Italy has drawn visitors in search of culture and romance, with few countries comparing with its enormous classical origins, its art, architecture, music, design, scenery, food and wine. Italy’s contribution to European painting and sculpture surpasses that of any other nation. Blend this with the magnificent scenery of its lakes, one of the world’s great cuisines and the Italian attitude of living life to the absolute maximum, and you have a superb destination for a choral tour.
The festival begins with an afternoon parade and reception for the Jury and Choir conductors. In the evening, the festival opening ceremony takes place. Choir need to arrive early on 05 April or consider adding an extra night to their stay. Arriving late on 05 April means that the choir will not be able to participate in the opening events. This festival is one of a range of Choral Festivals offered by Meeting Music.
Festival Participation - Non-competitive participation
Choirs that choose to participate to the event without competing may take part to the following activities:
• EP - Evaluation Performance
• IC - Individual Coaching
• AS - Acoustic Stage Rehearsal
• FC - meeting in music Friendship Concerts
Participation in these activities is also open to choirs who are taking part in the competition.
Choirs may compete in the following categories:
A – with requirements (A1 – Mixed Choirs; A2 – Male Choirs; A3 – Female Choirs)
B – without requirements (B1 – Mixed Choirs; B2 – Male Choirs; B3 – Female Choirs; B4 – Senior Choirs)
G – Children and Youth Choirs (G1 – Children Choirs; G2 – Youth Choirs of equal voices; G3 – Youth Choirs of mixed voices)
S – Musica Sacra
*meeting in music Performance is included.!
Festival Participation / The Activities
EP - F Evaluation Performance | for Festival Choirs (non-competing choirs)
• three (3) pieces of the choir’s own choice • perform before a panel of qualified international jurors who provide prompt positive artistic and pedagogical feedback • certificates of participation are awarded, as well as evaluation ratings and recommendation letters upon request Number of singers unlimited Singing time maximum 15 minutes Accompaniment allowed
EP - C Evaluation Performance | for Competing Choirs
• present your competition programmme before the competition • perform before a panel of qualified international jurors who • provide prompt positive artistic and pedagogical feedbac evaluation will not influence competition results
Number of singers according to category rules Singing time according to category rules Accompaniment according to category rules
IC Individual Coaching | for all choirs
Rehearse with an internationally acclaimed choral expert for stimulating artistic and interpretive guidance. For an effective rehearsal, choirs are asked to prepare one piece in advance. Number of singers unlimitedapprox. 45 minutes
AS Acoustic Stage Rehearsal| for Competing Choirs
• acoustic stage rehearsal before the competition performance • benefit of the support by an international acclaimed choral expert during the rehearsal, receive tips for acoustic of the room, setting etc.
Number of singers according to category rules Singing time 20 minutes (instead of 10 minutes in a regular stage rehearsal) Accompaniment according to category rules
FC Friendship concerts for all choirs
Number of singers unlimited Singing time maximum 20 minutes Accompaniment allowed (piano or e-piano can be provided upon request)
Meet local guide on arrival at airport and transfer to hotel.
Reception for Jury and conductor
Opening concert in the evening
Stage rehearsals and Competition Performances
Stage rehearsals and Competition Performances
Rehearsals and Competition Performances
Final Conductors and Jury Meeting
Grand Prize Competition
Check-out and depart for home
Friendship concerts, individual coaching and evaluation performances coaching take place throughout the event on various days.
This sample itinerary is for information purposes only. All final itineraries are tailored to individual choirs requirements.
Your festival ground arrangements include the following:
- 4 nights in choice of hotel with breakfast included
- Dinner in hotel on four evenings
- Return airport transfer with pick-up at airport meeting point with sign
- Participation in your chosen competition categories and activities
- Scheduled stage rehearsal(s) for your choir
- Complimentary copy of jurors evaluation documents, 1 per choir
- Complimentary copies of the official programme book
- Preparation of your choir’s specific itinerary
- Participation in one meeting in music concert with other choirs (Friendship concert)
- Participation in the Opening, Award and Closing Ceremonies
- Competent assistance and support on-site from our international & local team
Conductors & Jury Meeting:
- Reception for two choir representatives with a small buffet
- One to one discussion with the jury members - this is a valuable opportunity to have your programme reviewed and discussed!
- Free place on the ground for choir director
• A CCI Tour Manager will be assigned to you for the duration of your booking, to assist in the pre-departure preparations and to assist with any issues during your stay.
Transportation while in Riva
Choirs usually make their way around the region with the local guide via public transport. However, we can arrange coach transportation for your group as
Once you enquire with CCI you will be given your own dedicated festival planner, and this planner will also assist you with the booking of flights for your group. Choir Contact experienced travel consultants are able to advise you on the most appropriate flight options and will advise best fares at time of booking. We use the most up-to-date modern technology for searching best fares including low cost carriers, allowing us to book you the best flights at the best fares for a fully co-ordinated service. We use both low-cost internet fares and our long-standing relationships with other carries to ensure that we can secure the best travel option for your choir. We will advise you on luggage allowance and all details relating to your flight booking. Travel Insurance CCI recommend that all travellers take out travel insurance at the time of booking.
A quotation costs nothing, so contact us today on 01 888 7830
or email us at email@example.com